Drover is an online marketplace company providing flexible monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers, while providing its fleet partners with a listings and fleet management interface to better monetise available vehicle inventory. Our customers can select their favourite car from dozens of makes and models, keep it for as long as they want, swap or cancel anytime - with the cost of rental, insurance, maintenance, servicing and breakdown cover all included in one monthly price. Our vision is to provide a better alternative to car ownership and create an entirely new industry category.
Drover was founded by a team of serial technology entrepreneurs in January 2016, has handled over 30,000 vehicle bookings since and is serially backed by world-class investors including Version One, Forward Partners, Cherry Ventures, Partech and BP Ventures.
If the idea of creating something totally new gets you excited, come on board and join the ride.
As our VP Operations, you will:
- coach, mentor and assume the line management of our Sales, Customer Experience and Operations teams comprising 20+ Drover team members;
- report directly the the CEO, owning and reporting on a number of our most important KPIs;
- review, challenge, flow-chart and redesign our operating processes, implement scalable workflows to improve margins and overall scalability;
- identify where automation could move the needle on operating performance and push for necessary product features and improvements, working closely with the Product team to translate your vision into user stories and product designs;
- roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty when your teams need you; and
- participate in the recruitment, onboarding and training of new team members.
Are you a rare-breed generalist leader who’s both an amazing communicator and a great analytical mind comfortable with data and process design? Keep reading!
- Bachelor’s Degree (min. 2:1 or equivalent) from a top tier academic institution
- 8+ years of experience in general management or operations at a high-growth b2c tech startup OR 5+ years of management consulting experience gained at a top institution plus 3+ years of startup or industry experience
- Solid experience managing teams of 10+
- Experience successfully working within a geographically dispersed team
- An analytical mindset evidenced by a significantly above average command of Excel and SQL and a track record of data-driven decision making
- The demonstrated ability to define, analyse, challenge or be challenged on KPIs
- Experience in, and passion for, engaging and uniting interdisciplinary teams around a common vision; a sports coach’s ability to spark infectious, cult-like excitement for the ultimate objective
- The sort of personality who thrives in an atmosphere of ambiguity and quickly changing priorities. New ideas and data pump you up rather than wear you out even if they challenge the work you have already completed.
Ideally, you will also have:
- an MBA from a top business school
- experience in the mobility industry
- experience managing and scaling multi-disciplinary teams
- The opportunity to become one of the key employees at an ultra fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- A global team: we come from 18 different countries and work across 3 offices. Travel between London and Lisbon several times a year!
- A competitive salary and a significant options package
- Top-notch kit. Well get you a shiny new Macbook!
- Tech and food events with the team
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Awesome startup office with a ping-pong table and an Oculus Rift
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Monthly socials, biannual team retreats to European capitals to celebrate milestones (Budapest down, Lisbon coming up…)